How to Make Your Own Almond Milk
Making your own almond milk is easy!
Yields 4 ½ cups
- 3 cups raw almonds, soaked for 10-12 hours in filtered water, rinsed, and drained
- 6 cups filtered water
- pure vanilla extract (optional)Directions:
In a high-speed blender combine the almonds and the water and blend until creamy. Line a large sieve with double thickness of cheesecloth and place over a bowl. Pour the almond mixture into the sieve and let drain. Then grab the corners of the cheesecloth, hold together securely, and squeeze the cheesecloth to extract all the milk. Reserve the pulp for another use.
As some of you have been asking for the cauliflower crust recipe, I decided to write it down; I hope this helps.
1) These are the ingredients I used: cauliflower, eggs, carrots and parsley. Of course you can skip the carrots or the parsley or even add other things.
2) Shred the cauliflower, watch out for your fingers, it might hurt a little.
3) Shred your carrots and add them.
4) Cut the parsley to tiny pieces, add eggs, salt and pepper.
5) Mix everything well!
6) Get your pan and heat up some oil – I used olive oil.
7) Fill the mixture inside of the pan, disperse it a little and put the top back on the pan.
8) Wait about 8 minutes. As long as your cauliflower crust roasts, you can make a nice cup of tea and cut all other ingredients that you want to put on top of your crust, be creative, everything is possible and absolutely delicious!
9) Flip your crust - It might be difficult and about to break – try to use a plate to flip it. Once you’ve managed this, let it roast on the other side for some more minutes.
10) Now decorate it with anything you want and enjoy this healthy heaven!
- 3 zucchini
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped (or herb of your choice)
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan
- salt and pepper
3 Ingredient Easy Peasy Mac and Cheesy (I’m corny I know)
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Elbow Macaroni
- 1 Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge (Your flavor choice)
- 2 Handfuls of Frozen Peas (Or any other frozen veggie you like)
The only real “cooking” is boiling the macaroni, the rest is just assembly pretty much. Put the peas in the pasta water with the macaroni towards the end of cooking (Save some water in case you want to thin out your sauce). After you drain the pasta and peas return to cooking pot and add wedge. I cut it up a little to make it go faster. Mix until fully melted. Season to taste (lots of pepper for me :)). Eat!
270 Cals | 11g Protein | 11g Iron | 6g Fiber | 4g Fat
mac & cheese is my downfall, seriously whenever it’s around I have an almost impossible time controlling myself. I will be picking these items up at the grocery store on sunday, can’t wait to try it!
Reblogged before. Reblogging again. Omnom.
100 calorie single serving chocolate brownies low fat, vegan, and delicious
chocolate craving hit me hard today! so i wanted to bake a batch of brownies, but i knew i would eat them all. so i searched and searched all over the internet for a low calorie brownies and it came down to this! tried it just today, worth making.
1tbsp Cocoa, Dry Powder, Unsweetened
2tbsp apple sauce (or smashed banana, or canned pumpkin puree)
1pinch of salt and baking powder
mix and put into a microwave or oven safe bowl (a small one like custard cup or a paper cupcake liner works too) microwave for 30 seconds-minute or 3-10 minutes in the oven! since there is no eggs the center can still be under cooked if you prefer a lava cake! since this is only 96 calories, add a drizzle of peanut butter, a small scoop of low cal ice cream, cool whip or non dairy whip, get creative!
1 tsp peppermint flavor
1 tsp chopped peppermint candy on top
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
top with a few marshmallows
1 tsp chopped nuts
1/2 cup of sliced strawberries
1/2 cups of bannas
a pinch of instant coffee
Breakfast in Bread
This one looks super easy!
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (half of a 17-to-18-ounce package), thawed
- 2 strips bacon
- 1 1/2 cups shredded havarti cheese
- 3 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 large eggs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Chopped fresh chives, for topping
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry into a 12-inch square, then cut into 4 equal squares. Slightly fold and pinch the edges of each square to form 4 round tart shells. Transfer to the prepared baking sheets and prick all over with a fork. Bake until golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat, turning, until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain, then crumble.
Let the tart shells cool slightly on the baking sheets. If the centers are very puffy, prick with a fork to deflate. Sprinkle evenly with the havarti and parmesan. Make a shallow well in the cheese in the center of each tart and crack an egg into each; season with salt and pepper. Top with the bacon, then return to the oven and bake until the egg whites are set, 10 to 15 minutes. Top with chives.
Photograph by Steve Giralt
Let’s do this for breakfast one day this summer!